Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh Rats! Oh Rats! Oh Rats!


My cat just killed, well almost killed, but close enough for horseshoes and hand-grenades, a beautiful male goldfinch. He brought it to the back door, where it is lying, breathing its last breaths.

Maybe the cat meant it as an apology for all the out-of-the-litterbox peeing he has been doing lately, but I would just prefer he use the litterbox, thank you very much. No nearly-dead birds!

I know that this is what cats do, but I hate, hate, hate that they do this.

D*mn.

3 comments:

Sigrun said...

That's so sad. We had a lovely little calico female once, who brough her new-born kitten to our kitchen door--and died. That little kitten was so special to us.

Unknown said...

we had a cat who would catch moles and mice, eat the top half, and leave the bottom half on the doorstep for us. so nice of him to share

Barb Matijevich said...

I am just so with you. I have these...fuzzy orange bastards. They WILL half kill rabbits and chipmunk and mice...How can something I love so much be so violent and capricious??