Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lately

I'm a knitting machine! (But it does help to only work on smallish projects...) This is my latest finished project, a Basic Tam for younger daughter:

It's being blocked over a kitchen plate - a clever idea I learned from Jane at last week's knit-night.

This is the second hat I've made from the pattern in this book:

The first one was made from a Noro yarn, and I think I like this one better. The solid color shows off the stitch patterns and the decrease swirl. I used ella rae Kamelsoft yarn (75% Merino wool and 25% Camel) and it's very nice to work with.

The pattern includes optional flowers, but I'll wait till Yd tries it on at Christmas to see if she thinks it needs the flowers. Knit-night knitters suggested a large button, or clusters of smaller buttons, or a pin of some sort, so we'll see.

2 comments:

Keeffer said...

ooh, i love that you can see the stitches more in this yarn. i can't wait to wear it!

Suna Kendall said...

I've been wanting to make a tam for a long time. Maybe I could try that one...at least I have the book.