Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dear Black and Blue Salvia,

Yes, you.

When I bought you and brought you home and planted you, I had such high hopes: beautiful flowers, butterflies, bees and hummingbirds swarming around you, and the contrast of your color with the other colors in my garden---it all sounded so wonderful.

I planted you. I fed you. I watered you. I pruned you when you needed it.

But did you cooperate? No, you did not. You rarely flowered. You spread all. over. the. place, putting other flowers in complete shade. So I worked and worked and worked to put you in the perfect spot for you.

But did that work? Were you happy with the space I provided?

No, you were not, and this year you have taken over way too much space.

So you are gone. I have pulled every bit of you OUT. The other flowers rejoice.

And if you dare show even one bit of green above the ground, I will carpet bomb you.

With Roundup.

You have been warned.


No comments: