Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Four Years Later


Four long years ago, I bought the pattern, yarn and beads to make this:



Photo from Susanna IC

(Seychelles by Susanna IC)

And I studied the pattern, and studied the pattern and studied the pattern, and................ then I chickened out.

But the project nagged at me.  I had the yarn:




Miss Babs Yet, in Seychelles color---made for this project by the gifted dyers at Miss Babs.

I studied the notes on others'  finished projects on Ravelry, and suddenly! I understood the pattern.

No more procrastinating! Here is the first of 19 repeats, and honestly, it is EASY! I have made other complicated projects in the past four years, and now, by comparison, this looks to be a breeze.





No mistakes so far. AND I learned how to add beads as I go. See them there? On the right?

YAY me!

(It ain't braggin' if it's true, you know.)


OH! OH! OH!
It just occurred to me that Miss Babs will be at SAFF (Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair) in October. I'm sure I'll find yarn to replace the yarn I use in this project, and LOTS more! I LOVE Miss Babs yarn and SAFF is the only place it's available in person. 



No comments: