Monday, October 12, 2009

And I wonder why I have the pool to myself....


Dh and I are just back from our swim at the local Dynamo pool. He uses the regular pool and swims a zillion or so laps.

I use the heated pool, regulation length, but wonderfully HEATED! I am a very poor swimmer; in fact, it's probably not even correct to call myself a swimmer. But I try.....and try....and...

Mostly I use a kick board and do laps that way. But because of my sinus surgery a couple of years ago, I decided that when I do actually try to swim, I need a nose plug and ear plugs. And new goggles. (nothing to do with sinuses) When I asked for the nose and ear plugs, the nice woman in the shop sort of giggled and then said Both?

Yes, both. And if there were such a thing as a mouth plug that would let me breathe, I would use that too, thanks to older daughter's (former competitive swimmer and Master's coach) assertion that there is no such thing as a competition pool that swim team members have NOT peed in.

Thanks H. There has been quite enough peeing in my life lately, thanks to Cat.

I promise to NEVER mention peeing, human or animal, again in this blog. Really. I promise.

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

You are a brave, brave woman to post a picture like that.