Monday, April 29, 2013

First of All,

I must pat myself on the back because I made----ta! da!----a gauge swatch.  I normally don't make them because:

A.  I don't want to.

B.  The Yarn Harlot says that swatches lie.

So why bother? says I.


However, the sweater that I might make (still intimidated by the pattern) looks so complicated that I don't want to do all that work and have the sweater not come out the right size.  So I made a gauge swatch, washed it and dried it, and it had better not lie!!!  Or I will never, ever make another one.  That will show it.


And while I am struggling to understand the sweater directions, I am also trying to learn how to read a crochet chart. Knitter/crocheter extraordinaire Lucille color coded the chart for me, and I still don't get it and that really frustrates me. There are only three easy stitches in this chart, but I just can't get the hang of it. The yarn is fine and I can't see the holes I am supposed to link (or whatever it's called) to and counting? OMYGAH!  I can't count the things.

I have practiced with worsted weight yarn and a larger hook and still no success.

I have, in the past, sworn that I don't swear, but I swear, I soon might start!

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

About the sweater: it's still just one stitch at a time. I'm inspired by that pattern--must look for the book.