Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Euuuuuwwwwww.


Today someone sent me an email about the past, and in it was this picture of gym uniforms. I went to school in an era when we wore uniforms for gym class and this is exactly what they looked like, but in maroon - woo hoo. And...they were 100% cotton, so they did not give or stretch at all. I was 5'10" tall by the time I was in junior high, and I weighed about 119 pounds. These gym uniforms did not come in "tall." So I had to order them in size 14 to get them long enough (they were one-piece uniforms)and of course, that meant that they were far too large for me.

I can't tell you how gaw-jus I looked in my uniform. No, really. I mean it. I CAN'T!

Nostalgia is not always a good thing.

4 comments:

hokgardner said...

THose are just FABULOUS!

calicobebop said...

Though I can understand your pain - I'm all for uniforms. Gym or otherwise. Cuts down on the inherent "hoochiness" of young ladies.

knittergran said...

Well, there was no "hoochiness" involved with those uniforms, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

i was too young to enjoy these gym suits, but we had to wear tight, non-sweat-absorbing nylon shorts. oh, the 80s...