Sunday, February 8, 2009

Half a Project Finished

As in, one sock knitted. But I have never had Second Sock Syndrome, so I have no worries about finishing the pair. I love wearing hand-knit socks and the weather here is suddenly warm; I do worry that spring and summer will be here and I'll have to put all my wool socks away till next fall. I know there are people who wear wool socks year around, but it's too hot here to do that.

This sock, I mean pair, is knit from Regia Design Line by Kaffe Fassett. It's the first time I have used this yarn, and it's nice enough. It is supposed to be machine-washable in cold water and machine dryable. I doubt I'll try that since I wash all my hand-knit socks together by hand anyway.

However, there is nothing exciting about the yarn and I will probably try the Crystal Palace Mini Mochi next---once my LYS gets some in. I had read about it on a Yahoo sock-knitting list serve (or whatever it's called) and when I asked about it last Thursday at knit-night, the store had just sold the last two skeins --- and I had just learned that it exists! I am told that the colors are as good as Noro's colors are, but that the yarn is nicer, very soft. The Crystal Palace sales rep. was at the store when I arrived, and he told me that the yarn is so popular that it may be April before he can get any more of it to my LYS.

So I'll finish this pair, and then pick out something that has been languishing in my stash for awhile...

No comments: