Thursday, February 26, 2009

Throwing Caution to the Wind

After reading comments on a previous post about my possibly pathological (I love alliteration!)need to use a row counter when I knit socks, I just, after row 10 or 11 (I don't know which because I think I remembered to click the counter, but I'm not certain I remembered to click it) took off the counter. If hokgardner and Mary Ellen can do it, then maybe I can too. After all, as Ann in NJ reminded me, sock-knitting is supposed to be fun, right?

So even though I'm cringing a bit, and my right eyelid is twitching now, I'm going to give this eyeball-measuring technique a try.

There may not be drugs for how I'm feeling, but there's always wine.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Don't worry - an experienced knitter like you will be able to count rows by looking if you absolutely can't stand it!

I, however, totally think you can do it. I believe in you!