Thursday, February 12, 2009

If It Happens and I Don't Blog About It


did it really happen?

And another question, first posed (to my knowledge) by Barb Cooper's husband, when he saw the new swift she had bought in order to roll her yarn into balls: Why doesn't yarn come in balls to begin with?

Good question. Does anyone know the answer? I just spent a fair amount of time winding Mountain Colors yarns into balls in order to begin knitting a throw. I'm not complaining or whining. I'm fortunate in that I own a ball winder and swift (birthday gifts). It just seems as if it would be a logical thing for yarn companies to sell the yarn in balls, ready for knitters to use, but very often they don't. I'll ask the owner of my LYS at tonight's knit night and report back if she knows the answer.

This is the second throw I've made from these gorgeous yarns. The first I gave to older daughter for her to use in the middle of the nights when she is up with her new daughter, born five weeks early in October.

This one is for me!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

I can't wait to hear the answer to that question. I've wondered it myself for a long time. I don't have a ball winder (I didn't even know there WAS such a thing) and what's a swift?

Just saw the gym uniform photo - priceless! We had to wear long polyester shorts - the kind with the crease down the front SOWN IN! Hideous. I don't think there's a photo of me in them, however, and for that I'm grateful.