Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Will Never Say That Again!


I promise!!!

My older daughter sometimes writes for a blog called Deep South Moms Blog, and in today's post, she writes about the problems she has with her daughters' bedroom. She complains mentions that I have often rarely reminded her that the way to have an organized room is to have a place for everything and everything in its place. I try, really, really try, to be as helpful as possible in dealings with my daughters, and I'm very sure that they appreciate my help.

But I did detect a little negativity in her post, so in the future I will never, ever say anything like "a place for everything and everything in its place."


(until I do)

4 comments:

hokgardner said...

When I was pregnant with Ella, you told me it was your FSM-given right as my mother to give me advice. You also said it was my FSM-given right as your daughter to ignore your advice.

SO there.

Keeffer said...

saying it doesn't mean that the person will listen and apply the advice. as is shown by the state of my bedroom.

some people are born to be neat and tidy. some are not. you could not be messy any more than i could be organized. i refuse to believe it is a learned behavior.

Unknown said...

its the "and everything in its place" part that isn't working here, and it appears to be the girls' fault (but they are cute so who can get mad?)

Suna Kendall said...

Sometimes "its place" is in the middle of the floor, or in a big pile.