Sunday, April 18, 2010

Progress


I am now knitting with the fourth of six skeins I am using for my Glitzy Cat's Paw Lace Wrap, and suddenly I realize I no longer need the directions! As long as I keep my row counter going, I know what to do on each row. Granted, there are only three pattern rows, with seven-stitch repeats, and granted, for a more experienced knitter than I, this would not be a notable accomplishment. But for me? It's huge! It's Yay Me!

The wrap is going to be really long, and I may decide, if my enthusiasm flags, that five skeins will be enough. Too soon to tell.

Another accomplishment? I can pretty well tell what I have done wrong when I come across six or eight stitches where there should be seven. I've either knit two together when I shouldn't have, or have gotten a little carried away with the yarn-overs and thrown in a couple of extras. Both of those problems are easy enough to fix if I catch them time, and so far, so good.

So again...Yay Me!

1 comment:

Keeffer said...

to whom is this going? because if no one has claimed it, me please!