Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lace!


I have discovered that I love knitting lace, as long as:

a. the directions are written, not charted
b. the wrong side rows are all knit or purl, so I have a safe row to frog back to if necessary.

This pattern, the Glitzy Cat's Paw Lace Wrap, (available for free on Ravelry) fits my requirements! And I've had fun so far knitting it. The patterned rows are only three in number; the rest are purl. However, the designer did warn that it is a LOT of knitting, and she is right. I'm only into the third of six skeins - of wonderful Blue Sky Alpaca Silk (50/50) - and I'm starting to think there is no end in sight. But I want to wear it to a wedding on May 22nd, so I shall persevere.

1 comment:

sallyknit said...

I'm only one skein into mine but i love knitting it. Yarn is wonderful and thank goodness for markers!!