Friday, April 16, 2010

The Mess

The painting will be finished today. Phew....

This is the mess my house is currently in, but it will be worth it in the end.(Look-the painters covered all the furniture just to paint the windows! I big puffy-heart the painters!)

Isn't it pretty? Nope, it's a mess...

And this is a bonus. I wanted the door to the garage painted to match the front door. But the painters suggested that I not use the water-based paint I had used on the front door; they told me that oil-based paint would hold up better.
I took the can of the older paint to Sherwin-Williams and asked for the same color in oil-based paint. This is what I got-gloss. But apparently oil-based gloss is WAY glossier than water-based gloss.

So now I can see myself in the shine of the door. I do not want to see myself in the shine of the door. (I don't show up in this picture once I transferred it to the blog, but in the original-I'm there.)

And another bonus-the house reeks!!! I asked the painters to use S-W Harmony paint, which is low VOC. But then when we switched to oil-based for woodwork, the odor from that paint out-did all the good of using the Harmony paint.

#$%^&*()

No comments: